Friday, April 8, 2016

:::::"Haters":::::






I wasn't going to post this. When it first happened I just let it roll off because the "new" me doesn't care what people think. I know that I am working hard and that I am getting tougher and better. But, it still hurt. I do care what people think. I recently started up my blog (obviously) and have shared the link on Facebook. I am friends with a lot of my co workers on Facebook. Even with ones I don't necessarily talk to everyday. I was sitting on my break yesterday on a couch...and could hear people talking around the corner. And in the spot I am at it amplifies sounds. They were talking about a girl who posts about her running everyday blah blah blah...and it went something like this.... " Yeah, she started a running blog -like are you kidding me.......Oh big surprise she ran again......oh yay inspirational quotes I totally want to run now.... She runs twice a day big deal.....but if she really is running twice a day why the hell is she still fat?" Now.....3 months ago over hearing this humiliating demonstration of how these girls realllllly feel about me would have CRUSHED me. Though it didn't crush me it definitely stung for sure. I tried shaking it off. I tried to forget it. I don't even know which one of my "friends" were the ones saying it.....at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what they say about me....these are things I know to be true:

I get up everyday while the rest of the world is sleeping and I run-usually I have finished my run before the sun comes up. 
I sacrifice time with friends and family for a full day of running every Saturday. 
I've been running on sprained ankle for about 6 weeks. 
I was back on the trail a day and a half after my mouth surgery.
I have gotten faster and I have climbed hills that I have never been able to before.
My legs are ridiculously strong....and so are my lungs and heart. 
I have ran up the PCT over 4000 ft elevation gain ....thru narrow rocky trails and thru snow at high elevation. 
On Week 8 I ran my 22 miler with less than 2 hours of sleep the night before. 

All that keeps running thru my head is "Pain is temporary but quitting is forever." So the sting from those stupid heartless girls is very very temporary.....not to mention untrue and unfair. But, that feeling I get after I've completed yet another successful long run is going to fill me up for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment