Tuesday, April 5, 2016

::Netflix vs Asphalt::

Training for an ultra is a lot of work, time and sacrifice...not to mention the outrageous amount of food you eat. There are subtle changes that I really really notice about running. Like how what I ate 3 days ago...I'll feel on a 6 miler. How I feel 10 times heavier if I had 1 beer the day before a run. I can tell just by ....being.....when I have had enough water or if it's time to increase the h20 intake. I now plan all outings around my runs. Otherwise, there will always be  reason NOT to run. Today I came home from work and though I had already ran this morning...I wanted to get a few more miles in. Everyone in the house was lounging and watching shows and relaxing and that made it really really hard to lace up and hit the asphalt. Everything in me was saying to just throw on some yoga pants and curl up with Netflix and a Drop Top. However, I will not reach my goal if I did that every day, no matter how alluring it may be. So, I laced up and headed out and ended up having a really really great run. It's true what they say; that you'll feel awesome after you go and run vs. when you don't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment