Tuesday, April 5, 2016

::Jumping Back-Portland Marathon Take 3::


October 6, 2015
Portland Marathon

Looking back on that day I was on track to get a PR. It was my 3rd Marathon and never had it felt so good. Until it didn't. True...I am smiling in these pictures. But truth be told I had never been so disappointed in my running self ...as I was after that run. The whole last 5 miles was a huge battle for me. And I felt like I failed even tho I had finished. However, looking back I never trained the way I was supposed to. I didn't limit the indulgences that slowed me down. I didn't commit and that's why I broke down and lost momentum. I let my mind get in the way and my body started to shut down. So not only had my body given up so had my mind. 


These long runs I have been doing to get ready for the ultra have taught me a lot so far. But, the biggest thing it has taught me is that I have NEVER been ready for the marathons I have ran. It was kinda a miracle that I had finished all three. I never committed fully to the process. Imagine what I could do while giving 110%. I guess we will see what happens on May 7th. Because, I have definitely given myself fully to the process. I am so excited to see what the changes in me as I get stronger and tougher; mentally and physically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment